Meticulously creative and dynamic Copywriter / Editor with extensive experience in copywriting, substantive editing and content development serving as a creative executive in advertising to editor for high-profile publications. Proficient in expeditiously editing texts and developing subject matter into concrete designs for a wide range of advertising, marketing, promotional, and informational collateral. Outstanding collaborative and interpersonal skills; able to build exceptional rapport with clients, fuel successful multimedia campaigns and meet project milestones. Excel within deadline-driven environments consistently acting as a team player while remaining equally adept at working well independently with little oversight.
Areas of Expertise, Design & Media
|Competencies||WEB & Multimedia|
|· Articles & Newsletters· Technical Manuals
· Creative Writing
· Substantive Editing
|· Project Management· Client Relations
· Planning & Prioritization
· Accuracy / Efficiency
|· Script Writing· Extensive Ad Credentials
· Photomontage Captions
· Ad Voiceovers
PCS Structural Solutions, Tacoma, WA
Marketing Coordinator, 9/2018 – present
Provide content copy and organization for proposals that generate over $3 million in construction value each year. creates proposals, articles, social media posts, ads, and more. She enjoys the exploratory process of researching and writing about PCS’s team members, their projects and their stories and advancing thought leadership. Valerie serves on the PCS Employee Development and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Teams.
- Instrumental in establishing PCS’s DEI Team and setting goals. As part of a two-person marketing team, created proposals that generated over $3 million in construction value annually. Generated numerous articles with or for PCS leadership.
Woodstock Media Group, Tacoma, WA
Copywriter / Account Manager, 4/2013 – 5/2016
Successfully managed and coordinated copywriting tasks from concept through completion. Effectively motivated and collaborated in team environment to develop and write highly persuasive and engaging advertising copy under tight deadlines. Nurtured positive client relationships adhering to agency guidelines and customer specifications, specializing in maintaining quality of work.
- Proficient at building project initiatives for clients from diverse industries such as Northwest BMW/Mini, Smith Brothers Milk, CHI Franciscan, Seattle Metropolitan Bank, Emerald Queen Casino, Pacific Healthcare, Senior Services of America, Pet Ponderosa, Crown Plaza, Hotel Murano and Elephant & Castle Pub, consistently achieving on-time completion of all deliverables.
Systems Coordinator, 9/2011 – 9/2012
- Sorted and prioritized large amounts of data to condense information to most impactful details and strategically convey messages to Older Alaskan Resource Program employees and state auditors. Created monthly newsletters, communicated updates and wrote new copy program policies and procedures manual for field staff.
- Community Connections, Ketchikan, AK
- Developed protocol for program documentation improving efficiency for in-field staff and enhancing system documentation accuracy.
- Earned company award for innovation, 2012.
Selected Freelance Projects
|Peace Health2009 Voiceover public radio spots informing Ketchikan Alaska’s listening audience||Midnight Sun Rider Magazine2006 15th Annual KHRA Bike Show, kicking off enthusiasts’ event.|
|SitNews, Ketchikan, AKContributed articles, Ketchikan’s First Female Firefighter, Jazz Night, A Celebration, and Let’s Talk, widely read online news source, readership throughout US, including AK senators and congressmen.||Cut Plug, Ketchikan, AKWrote & directed Fish Town, a play performed for an audience of about 250 people.
Minnesota Crop News Article
Wrote article for professional community of educators and agronomists.
|Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader, 10th Anniversary Edition, Ashland, ORDeveloped & wrote popular science and nature articles for publication.||The Comma CompanyReviewed & edited short story collection manuscript, Behind the Bridge to Nowhere, by Amy LaSage.|
|Ketchikan Harley Riders AssociationCreated B2C local non-profit organization newsletter.||Columbia BankEdited internal newsletter read by thousands of employees.|
|Name of ArtistCrafted polished, detailed exposition piece for culinary artist’s display dish portfolio.||New York Hotel, Ketchikan, AKCreated captions for Historic Photo Project, researched archives and conducted interviews of Ketchikan elders.|
|Minneapolis Star TribuneContributed entomology content material for Fixit article.||Older Alaskan, Community ConnectionsComposed employee training manual.|
Bachelor of Science in Plant / Animal Systems, 1996
University of Minnesota, Department of Horticulture
Editors Certificate Program Coursework,
University of California at Berkeley
|Platforms:||Windows 7/10 & 8|
|Software:||Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), WordPress, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)|